HybridZ

Question on Stock 240Z Voltage Regulator

I did a search and got conflicting answers so I figured I would ask this qwik question.

If I use the Alternator from the LS1 can I just unplug the stock Datsun voltage regulator or do I need to jump any of the connections?

Thanks!

The alternater on the ls1 is internally regulated. You just by pass the stock regulater. Do you have the JTR manuel? I have to see if the wiring for the Stock LS1 alt is the same as my 140 amp powermaster alt I got from summit racing? I'll check.

HEY DAVID!!!

I can answer that one! Just unplug it. Reason being..... With my 280, with the regulator plugged in my red charge light is on all the time even though the alternator is charging. I'm asuming that your harness is similiar to my Dynatec harness. But...Then again it shouldn't matter! Yes my alternator is charging just fine with the regulator unplugged. (doesn't need an external regulator, built in the alternator). No I didn't jump any wires.

JOEY

P.S. Are you getting excited yet!!!!