HybridZ

You think its hard finding parts for a Z!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Try finding good parts for a VW Rabbit!

Today i started working on my 1982 VW Rabbit.

Took the old carbed 8v motor/tranny out, stripped the interior, dash, carpet, headliner.. evereything.

pressure washing the engine bay tomorrow and gonna start taking the rest of the a/c crap out.

started looking for parts for it.. pffff ebay dont have crap either!

mostly looking for good used interior, exterior, and suspension parts and there ant nothing out there.

also parts are so cheap for these cars, but when you want say some nice coilovers its like over a grand easy!

plus theres tons of info on some of the sites, but theres so much crap on it to that you cant find crap when you search!

but i ordered my brakes, bushings, and a few exterior parts for it already.

plans are for a home made engine setup..

gonna use two 1.8T turbos, custom exhaust manifold thats almost done.

looking for a older jetta 2.0 16v motor but i cant find crap for these cars!

gonna be a fun toy once done... which will be never.

mike

Guest ON3GO

i wasnt makeing much before.

now my pay isnt that bad, but i work for a auto shop, so i get parts pretty cheap.

i wish i was selling dope, i heard the market is good for it

mike

don't know that they are 82's ... 2 weeks ago there were about 8 rabbit 4 doors and 4 convertibles at the pick and pull on monterey highway ...

i was looking at the headlights on a GTI ...

a fellow shopper advised me there are a bunch more of em at the fremont/newark yard, almost twice as many as on monterey road.

what are you looking for ... might be able to help you ... i don't get out there too often ...

but, if you need something you can't find

let me know ...

san jose ca.

Guest ON3GO

right now looking for:

porsche 944 wheels or older 911 wheels

Rabbit GTI fender flares

rabbit GTI door panels

a good drivers side front fender

tail lights i found on ebay, front brake upgrade i bought threw work, and coilovers coming soon. bushings are on there way, and im still looking for some Euro spec parts.

mike

944 wheels are easy enough to come by .. on craigs list

Jul-10 PORSCHE 944 WHEELS & TIRES $300 (cupertino) pic

Jul- 9 Porsche 15" Phone Dial Wheel, 944, 924, 911, etc - $40 (bernal heights) pic

Jul- 8 1986 porsche 944 parting out - $1 (san bruno)

Jul- 5 Porsche Collaspable Spare Wheel & Tire - $125 (redwood city)

the monterey rd yard had 3 944's when i was there ... 2 looked like as if they were just driven in and parked ...

the 911 wheels, if they were cheap enough, be a set of 15x10 and 15x7 on my dune buggy ... those are usually in the 600 to 1000 range ...

what year fenders exchange ? what are you willing to pay ... i make no money on the deal ... if i'm going that way anyway ... getcha what you want.

GTI interiors/parts are usually taken by the yard roaches that work nights and hit the wreckers every morning, looking for things to sell on ebay ...

GTi stuff is harder to come by ... it's there just got to beat out the professional roaches ...

Guest ON3GO

ya i no its hard to come by the gti stuff, been looking like made.

im gonna check this weekend in the junkyards here for a fender, if i dont find one ill let you know.

criagslist here in houston SUCKS! theres nothing at all on it.

and most ppl that sell stuff on there wont ship, :(

i deff need some wheels.. mike

from local craigslist ...

too bad we don't have a cheap car transport ...

for some reason i am not getting notice as to threads i posted to ... hmmmm ... have i pXssed off the thread gods ???

ohh on the link, there are pix ...

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/84743799.html

VW GTi '91 16V ASAP $600.... - $600 (fremont / union city)

Reply to: anon-84743799@craigslist.org

Date: 2005-07-15, 3:33PM PDT

Need to sell my beloved VW '91 GTi 16V ....ASAP....

Moving to other state...Can't bring it..Already have two cars...

This one should go....I feel really bad....

It has a few problem though not a big...

Problems:

Muffler(need to replace), Front rightside ball bearing, No A/C (need Freon, no mechanical prob.), No stereo(stolen), and Registration - just expired last March '05-

One more, door key is missing, although I have a ignition key.

I changed engine oil every 3000 miles with Mobil1 since I bought this car, and no mechanical problem except I mentioned before.

Call Agus at (510) 478-5398 or email Agus at aldifremont@yahoo.com

Guest ON3GO

man i wish i could get that MK2 GTI!!!

so far i bought black primer, New Old School VW "rabbit" decal trim set in gloss black, new tail lights, 928S seats, porsche adapters, VW rocco Front calipers + carriers + Brembo cross drilled vented rotors and KVR pads.

already have: 928S wheels but i dunno if im gonna use them, two 1.8T turbos that ill be using, abunch of 8V motors and parts but i wont be using them, and i have a full 1992 Jetta GLI thats in great shape with perfect interior with the recaro seats!!! but i dunno if i get use it to tear apart as the owner doesnt wanna sell it cheaply even though it hasnt ran in like 5 years.

mike

Guest ON3GO
49 bucks ... greyhound it out to san jose ... sleep on my couch' date=' change the wheel bearing in my driveway, recharge the air conditioning and a 3 day road trip back to texas ...

wayne[/quote']

haha sounds tempting lol.

wish i had the time off to do that.

mike

you could then make a fortune writing your story about the trip home, maybe make it a movie of the week ... get brad pitt to play you ... sean connery could play my part ... pauli shores could play the snake you imagine yourself having a conversation with on the side of the road, some where just outside vegas ...gilbert godfrey could be the tow truck driver ... who's the guy that plays freddie kruger ??? he could be the friendly mechanic that takes you under his wing, when you decide to move to their small town, when you fall in love with the sherriff's daughter, maybe kate hudson ??? i was leaning towards the gal pal in spider man ... but now, kate hudson ...

see ... an adventure and a whole new life awaits you ...

take the plunge ... i have white castle burgers in the freezer

how can you pass up a GTI, white castle burgers, a chance to sleep on my couch and a whole new life ????

Guest ON3GO

that has got to be the best post ever!!!!

if they were fresh white castle burgers i might do it!

im spending all that GTI money on some porsche wheels and adapters :(

mike

my son is off playing war hammer ... tells me that the denny's next to the game store, on bascom in campbell is selling fresh white castles ...

never mind those wheels ....

grey hound has a 39 dollar special running ...

LOL ...

glad you liked the post ...

if you can't find what you need out there in TX ...

let me know ...

• 2 weeks later...