HybridZ

According to Discovery Channel..the best Sportcars are:

slownrusty

Not saying I believe evrything I hear, but even if it's only 160 horse, that's still gona push that light car pretty good.. and I'm sure the newer chasis of the miata (compared to say.. a Z) helps out quite a bit. My 280z was rated for 170 crank, and it moved alright.. I'm sure if I trimed the weight down to what a Miata weighs, it'd be a lot quicker.

Guest bastaad525

Miata has not a damn thing in common with a Fiero.

And sorry but anyone who only thinks of a Miata as a chick car or would be worried to be considered 'gay' if they were seen in one is probably not so secure in their uh... masculinity?

I know I'd drive one... give me a turbocharged miata ANY day.

What defines a sports car? How 'cute' it is? No, performance in a sporty package... to me that usually means small and light but obviously few of sports cars on that list are small and light (the Skyline is NOT a sports car come on! It's a friggin GT!). But the Miata has most of the qualities that are particular to true sports cars, to be sure.

The miata has performance in spades, though it was very slow catching up in the new horsepower wars.

And Fiero's were junk, and anyways how does a Fiero have anything in common with a miata... feiro's were rear engine weren't they?? The Miata was just the modern take on the old british roadsters.

I agree that it's kinda odd to find the miata number 2 on a list of great cars right behind the 911??

Guest bastaad525
Not saying I believe evrything I hear, but even if it's only 160 horse, that's still gona push that light car pretty good.. and I'm sure the newer chasis of the miata (compared to say.. a Z) helps out quite a bit. My 280z was rated for 170 crank, and it moved alright.. I'm sure if I trimed the weight down to what a Miata weighs, it'd be a lot quicker.

You guys with the late 280z's need to stop quoting that 170 number :P That 170hp was GROSS, not NET, that's why power was 'down' so dramatically to 135-140 in the '80 280zx, because they finally switched to NET hp along with everyone else. This is pretty well known already... but people still get mislead when people claim the 280's had 170hp. They then go looking for some 'holy grail', usually the late 280z head, for their 280zx thinking this will magically transform their 140hp to 170hp... sorry guys that's NOT gonna happen.