HybridZ

mounting rb26 into 280zx

herbal

ok i have heard alot of diffrent ideas on mounts for this motor ive heard that the stock mounts will work they only need to be drilled out, ive also heard that i need to fabricate my own and that the z31 mounts are needed. to be honest i dont really know which one to belive. any help would be greatly appreciated

there's a sticky at the top of the forum. I bet it might have some useful information!

and before you say "that's for an s30, not s130"... people swap in L28et motors in all the time, therefore mounts are the same. Therefore, same oilpan, etc rules apply

ok im just trying to make sure becouse i have heard that the mounts on the 280z are different then the zx. i just dont want to get started and then not have what i need you know just being cousious. thank you for the info but it is a diffrent motor, just want to make sure that the mounts will match up

Guest JAMIE T

This is getting rediculous. BUY THE MOTOR! You will have the stock Datsun mounts and the stock RB mounts. Slip the motor into the hole and see what you need to do to make it fit. You're not going to do the swap in a weekend. It's basic engine swap stuff. Good Luck!

im sorry if its ridiculous but yes it will be a weekeknd project with 4 guys on the team. i just want to have everything if there isnt a way to mount the motor with the stock mounts i want to make sure i can do it i hate waiting for parts that i missed

Guest JAMIE T

Please document it. Really.

1 weekend huh?

So, you think you're going to have the driveshaft length figured out without having the engine in the car? Do you have a trans yoke? Plumbing the fuel? Mounting and plumbing the intercooler? Wiring it? Fabricating an oil pick-up(at least this you can do without the engine being in the car) Plumbing the clutch hydraulics?

Also, YOUR car must be mint and you won't need to clean over 20 years of dirt and grime from under the engine and trans tunnel.

Re-think your project and good luck.

JDM Z31 rb20det or ricky wong mounts with a MKIII supra insolators. much better for the price. Anyways what the guys Are trying to tell you is that It would take some time and many fiting tries. About the Drive shaft I'm looking for a machine shop that makes it in aluminum, in the mean time I'm taking my measurements, body work, and cleaning up... does anyone have the 260Z/RB (ricky mounts) driveshaft measurement...