HybridZ

TBI performance application??

I was asked if a TBI can be used rather than a carb or MPFI system,

yes, you can , but don,t get stuck thinking about those near worthless restrictive stock systems,

there are NO stock production, tbi systems that Im aware of that are true PERFORMANCE applications but thats not saying you cant get good performance from a TBI system if its correctly set up

but THIS IS WHAT ID USE

SB Chevy High Performance Street

#52030 - Show Polished

#52031 - Satin Finish

Fits 1957 - '95 Engines

This Power+Plus Hurricane manifold is the best performing manifold of this type that you can buy, regardless of cost. Yet the Power+Plus manifold is one of the least expensive manifolds of this type on the market

http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=950-21S

http://www.holley.com/BrowseCatalogs.asp?Catalog=Holley&Page=169

52030.jpg

btw I played with one of these HURRICANE INTAKES fairly extensively over the last few weeks, while the casting quality and finish are not top grade its a servicable intake once its cleaned and mildly ported and makes excellent power

btw a TBI rather than a carb will LOWER the operational rpm band slightly and give better low rpm power due to the more precise fuel metering control

btw a TBI rather than a carb will LOWER the operational rpm band slightly and give better low rpm power due to the more precise fuel metering control

This is SO true, in my experience. With a 600 cfm vac sec carb on my 327, I could make it idle and respond pretty well down to about 1600rpm in 3rd gear. With a holley 700cfm old-style 4bbl TBI (Pro-Jection 4D) and a MegaSquirt computer running it with all the sensors from the pro-jection, I can pull away from a corner in 3rd gear at 1200 rpm, and the cam is pretty damned lumpy. I'd imagine the Commander 950 is just as tunable as the MegaSquirt and could do the same. (Not the Pro-Jection 4D computer though! What a POS!!!)