HybridZ

Just got one

Guest used2bfordguy

Guest used2bfordguy

All,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I just purchased a 72 240Z with a 350. Body is in great shape, interior is nice just needs new seats, engine runs good (240 RWHP) but will really scream when I am done with her. I have been a mustang fan for a long time, but after my 94 cobra (that I had $17k in receipts for) was stolen I bought a new 02 Stage 3 Roush Mustang. I have tinkered a little with it, but can't do much more.

I just started working from home so I don't need a daily driver and we have a couple other cars, so I decided to sell the Roush (still for sale) and buy this 240z hybrid from my buddy who was moving. As soon as I sell the Roush I will start the modifications. It runs real strong already and handles well (buddy had all bushings replaced), but will be basically used as a toy for car shows and drag racing, so I have a way to go before it gets where I want it.

I have only one pic right now and have put it with the pics of the roush. The URL is http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lamarscobra/album?.dir=4ae5&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Let me know what you think. I am sure I will be asking many questions. Thanks

Lamar Johnson

Welcome aboard!!

That car looks very, very familiar.....I have certainly seen it somewhere before, just can't remember where.....

Good luck on the F#*D sale, and getting the Z up to your specs....

Tim

BTW....read all the stickies and use the search feature...that will give you likely all the info you need.....Keep us updated on the progress....

Guest used2bfordguy

Thanks, Yeah I actually love the mustang and very unique for a stang, but need something different to tinker with that doesn't have a payment :)

Did you buy that car from Rick? He lives in your neck of the woods and drove a Z that looks alot like that one. Except I think it had nitrous.

Mike

Welcome to the group! Good to see another North Texas Z running around here. Will you be joining the Cowtown Z club? Looks like a very nice car. Did you happen to buy it from a former HybridZ member?

Scott

Hey Scott,

Your still around! I have not seen you posting lately and wondered if you moved or lost interest or something. Anyway, just thought I would say hi! Did not mean to hijack the thread..sorry.

Mike