HybridZ

Frustrated with clutch setup.

Jersey

So, stock clutch master is 5/8" and stock slave is 3/4". After i put the ACT heavy duty pressure plate in a while back, i wasn't 100% happy with the amount of leg throw it took from fully engaged to fully disengaged. The pedal pressure increased a bit but was fine. I knew it had too because of the extra clamping force of the PP. This was done about 1.5 years ago.

A few months later, i decide to decrease the size of the slave by using a Pathfinder 11/16" slave to decrease the amount of clutch throw. It helped a little but still required me to have the clutch stop adjusted all the way in and now it fully disengaged about 3" off the floor instead of 2". The pedal pressure increased a little more but it was managable. It was in the direction i wanted but knew it was still too far of a throw for what i wanted. I ran like this for more than a year.

A few weeks ago, the master cylinder decided it couldn't hold the pressure any more (master was about 6 months old) and would start beeding the fluid back past the seal into the MS so, i decide i should go with the Tilton, 7/8" bore. I installed it last night, leaving the Pathfider 11/16" slave in place and i had to basically stand on the pedal to get it to move! Yes, the throw was super short now to disengage but no way was i going to able to drive it like this. So, i had the stock 3/4" slave laying around and threw it in. It made the pedal pressure a little less but still way to hard to drive normally but, the throw was still pretty short like i wanted.

It just seems i cant get this right. So now i guess i'm going to have to either find a larger, maybe 13/16", slave and try that or, try replacing the hard & soft line going from MS to slave or, try the 13/16" Tilton master instead orrrr, just let it sit on the effing ramps until summer's over! lol.

Think i just needed to b*tch a little. I just can't believe something this simple is being such a pain in the @ss. Ok, i feel better now. Thanks :)