HybridZ

I got my new Z

PapaSmurf

well I finally got the check from the insurrance company this weekend and my new Z is in my driveway! I've already begun the transfer of all the best parts from my old Z to the new one. I got the 4 piston toyota calipers and my drilled and slotted rotors, carpets misc interior pieces etc just spent 200 bucks on random things that had gone wrong in the engine bay and she's runnin pretty darn good. Now I just gotta trade transmissions and radiators and order me some new struts and springs and she'll be good to go!

Congrats!

It's only been 4 or 5 weeks since your car got totalled. Glad to see the whole thing worked out. Had what happened to you happened to me, I'd prolly do the same thing : get another one, start over, except I'll need more time to get over it. S30Z are just such magical cars.

Congrats, man! I'm happy for you. There's nothing like the thrill of "discovering" a new car. You wash it tenderly (and look for water leaks), wax it lovingly (cataloging any blemishes for future repair), balance the carbs (assuming it has them) and look for fuel leaks, air up the tires (and check for rust under the wheelwells)... Each flipped switch results in new joy when it the device connected to it actually works!

Remember when you first got in a 240 and just LOVED it? You could fool yourself into thinking it was perfect, because you didn't know all the spots trouble lurks. Now that you know, your eye automatically seeks them out. Still, I love to get a "new" used car. it's so much more interesting than getting something brand new!

And when do we get to see pictures of the new baby!?!?!