HybridZ

Wanker drags

Guest socket_toomee

Guest socket_toomee

G'day all

I'm only 19 and being in Victoria, Australia i have to drive a car with limited power to weight ratio(My old man was getting a brand new Ford F250 (first time ford brought them in), but we couldn't if i wanted to drive it under my probationary license because of the new laws). So I don't drive my 260z on a weekend when i go out with some mates to a club/bar i take my old man's Mitsubishi Triton cause of the five seats. But after my life story.... I pull up to some lights with a big truck/ute (that really doesn't hit the 100 k's for at least 9 seconds) alongside some skyline (model/year unknown. I just admire this kid's car because all skylines are pretty nice. He seems to take it as a challenge and starts to rev his motor. He takes off and kills me (no suprises). i meet him at the mcdonalds on the way and the kid can't stop bragging about his kill of my truck. i know this story took a long time to get to the point so i was just wondering if anyone else had stories like this that were completely pointless kills

That's why I don't 'race' idiots in something that weighs 5000lb more. Any kids that brags about beating a truck when he's driving a Skyline shows what an ignorant noob he is. You should have smiled and laughed along with him, just building his ego until you start asking questions about his horsepower, his weight, and so on, comparing them to the big truck. His fire will die as you continue to yuck it up with him. Pretty soon he'll feel stupid and move on when he sees the bigger picture. Racing a truck and beating it would not be something I would brag about unless the truck was a Ford Lightning or Syclone/Typhoon, etc.

Just shine him on...

My $.02

Davy

Well you know kids his age takes everything as a threat because of the hermones. They'll arm wrestle a squirrel who cross their path and can't wait to tell their buddies. He's prolly a low caliber character since he picked on a non-performance truck. What's next? pink tricycle with tassles on the handle bar? That'll give him a power trip.

Yesterday an idiot who's driving the same car as I do(VW Jetta), tried so hard to do an illegal overtake, but since his car is the same as mine and I was already ahead of him, he can't do anything about it. Then when the traffic slows down, you guessed, he cut me off right in front of me just to show he can do it even tho there's plenty of cars ahead of me. As if he has something for show, typical "loser fly-by" mentality.

This has happened to me too. A few years back I had a 2wd Nissan p/u (V6/auto, STOCK) that I lowered a little and put some nice tires and rims on. (Oooo.. 15"s!!! :lol: ) Nice looking truck, not slow.. but not reelly.. fast. There was a kid I'd see evry once in a while in a mid 90's ford Probe GT. First time, we lined up at a light just by coincidence. I had a loud stereo, and I guess because he didn't yet (had a trip permit on the window; obviously just bought the car) he figured he'd show me up.. rev.. rev.. Light went green, and wouldn't you know it.. he cant drive 5 speed too well! :lol: I killed him easy, and got a laugh.

So a few weeks later, the same basic scenario happened again, but this time he'd gotten better with the shifting, and it was pretty much neck and neck... at 30 over the speed limit, I backed off.. So at the next red light, I looked over at him with a grin; He says "So you couldn't keep up eh?" :confused2 Yah, thats it...

Anyway, the same thing happens AGAIN and this time, the guy gets the drop on me, obviously knows the car a little bit now, and kills my truck pretty good. He stops for a red (same one.. heh..) and I'm going left this time, so I get beside him. He says "What, you can't stick with me?" with a smug look.

I told him that he SHOULD have beaten me, cause after all I AM driving a bone stock pickup! Never mind his obvious exhast/intake, suspension work, and the fact that his car IS a SPORTS CAR after all.. :lol:

hey socket. 3 years joined and 4 posts. i like it. :)

don't fret over a 'kill', he's driving a taxi while you own a classic. i can't step outside without seeing a skyline in Sydney and i truly despise 90% of the owners. bunch of tossers imo. and i mean that from the bottom of my heart :) btw, i have owned a skyline back in the days when they were a rare sight. had heaps of fun with it and i agree they are a great car. shame about the egotistical owners.