HybridZ

Greddy Profec B Spec II

I bought this ebc about a week ago .. I've read the book and tried many various options to control my low boost setting and I just can't get it. I want my low boost to be 10lbs .. I can get the control to hold 10 psi until I hit the upper rpms and then it will just creep all the way up to around 14lbs or a little higher. I have tried to set my gain from 0-20 .. I have put the warning feature on at 14 lbs of boost with a 20% decrease. The thing I don't understand is no matter how low I turn it.. The boost will not fall off like the book says it will if the gain it too low etc. I have not messed around with the high boost too much but it seems to hold well with maybe a 1 psi creep. I tried to set the high boost for 18 lbs and it spike to 22 which I just need to mess with the settings for spiking. A 15 psi test and it seemed to hold pretty good. I just don't understand the low boost problem. I am running the stock spring / actuator and without any line controller the boost will go to 7 right away and be at 9 by 5,500 - 6,000 rpm. I had a manual homemade boost controller on and at 15 lbs it would hold rock solid. Maybe I can set the low boost a little higher than 10 and it will solve it?? If someone has any idea or can share their settings, I would really appreciate it.

It is possible that your wastegate can't flow enough at high rpm's to limit the compressor output. If this were the case, it would seem more steady at higher boost levels because less exhaust gas would have to go through the wastegate to maintian those boost levels...

or maybe I'm way off base, but that was my first thought...

I can try using my stiffer actuator and maybe that would help out. As far as the spec II having the dipswitches like the spec I, it does not. It has port hole for internal or external on the boost selenoid, thats about it. Overboost has a pressure decrease when set to a certain value but it only goes to 20%. I seem to have it set a little better now but I would like to have it right. The only thing I can try is maybe shortening the lines even more or swapping the actuator.