HybridZ

VG33ER - questions

Guest spike

aaah...ok. yea, i know the Z32 was a bit of a pig, but i just assumed all the Z31's were in the 3200 range.

huh, i could'a swore on his profile on z31.com it said he ran a 13.3 with the blower. maybe i read it wrong. damn, i need to know now!

This was about 8 months prior to BZF:

http://www.az-zbum.com/movies/2004.09.03.Ryan87.13.37.at.102.23.wmv

Note the lack of a huge supercharger on top.

• 10 months later...
Guest red_dog007

I like turbos from all the power that you can get out of them, but I also like superchargers because they have such awesome low end power. I personally like things that feel fast rather then going fast and not knowing it. I am a diesel man, and that is what I like about superchargers is all that low-end power.

The VG33ER is applied in what it is meant to be in. The off-roading xterra and Frontier and that is why they are there. Tons of low end grunt right at idle and in the low rpms. If they had turbocharged the VG33 instead and put in these rides, it would have been pointless for what these are made to do.

I have a buddy that just bought a BMW 335xi. Yeah, that thing is bloody fast, but extremely boring. It doesn't let you know you have just done a quick pull to 100mph. It just shows up.