HybridZ

Another friggin locked up Caliper

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

I'm about to replace the passanger side caliper for the 3rd time. The first one was the advanced/autozone type with a life time warranty. The original passenger side caliper locked up shortly after I paid to have the drivers side replaced by a mechanic. It locked up about 6 months later in the middle of winter. I was out beating on the brakes in the snow. (That sucked bad) It had a life time warranty, so I went and got it replaced thinking what are the odds of another going bad. Well the replacement lasted me almost two years. But it's locked up again! ... I do still got the reciept.

I've had similar problems with a brake master cylinder recently. I went through 2 of the carquest brand (both of them leaked) before I purchased the Victoria British. Jurry is still out on that one, but no problems so far.

Should I bother going back and getting anther caliper and pay nothing? Or should I just cut my losses with advanced/autzone crap, say screw it, and go with another source and pay more?

Who should I buy it from? Victoria British sells em for 70.00 + 10.00 core. I haven't priced a dealer yet. But dealers usualy take longer to get the parts than VB to ship it to my door. So VB is lookin like my best bet right now.

I would get your free one but throw it in a box just incase you ever need it. Go with a different source.

I went through this with a starter on my diesel van, after the third one I said enough was enough and went with a ford part.

Have you thought of the possibility of contamination in your brake lines. The inner workings of the brakes are very simple, there isn't much that could go wrong inside, besides clogging the fluid holes (which are fairly small) or maybe rusting shut, but there is a rubber seal between the piston and piston wall.