HybridZ

Autometer Comp EGT install in turbo manifold...

Thumper

1st off this is ON3GO (mike).. im at Teds (thumper's) house.. working on his Z and my Z's parts.

Anybody have pics of there install?

i have the autometer comp egt probe kit.

comes with the probe, the little npt fitting that goes on the probe i assume, and the npt bung.

i have a drill and im ready to drill a hole into the turbo flange on the manifold, but the little npt bung is fooling with my mind.

its smooth on the outside, so it doesnt like thread into a hole i can drill, but its aluminum fitting.

do i have to get this welded into the manifold? if so what do i need to weld it with as the manifold is cast iron and the fitting is aluminum.

if i dont need to weld it in what do i do..

i searched and i just came across some of my old posts.

besides all that the manifold is ready to go.. all ported and nice :)

mike

You need to find a bung that is steel and weld it to the manifold. Or I've occasionally seen people just drill a hole in the manifold and carefully tap threads into it. If you need a new bung, just go to a large truck shop (kenworth, freighliner, etc.) and buy one there. I buy mine for about $2.00 a piece

I just happened to have a pair I'll be using on my new gauge / dash install. I went out a snaped these pics for you' date=' hope it helps...

CLICK ME

egtprobe00028fs.th.jpg

egtprobe00011ky.th.jpg

ya i dont have a threaded part.. seems like i have to weld mine in..

sigh :(

ill do that now.

mike

The bung that was included with my Autometer Comp probe was stainless steel. What leads you to believe yours is aluminum? I had mine welded to the manifold with a mig welder using standard steel wire. Then, the probe was screwed into that using the supplied compression fitting. The one in J. Soileau's picture looks like the "street" probe which, I believe only comes with a screw in NPT fitting for the manifold, and no weld-on bung.

Nigel

'73 240ZT