HybridZ

quick starter help!!!!

Guest vvillium3

Guest vvillium3

all right just got my motor all together and in and ready to go. So today I throw the battery in, and hook up the cable to hear the starter motor spinning frantically . So I immediatly unhooked the cables fromt the battery and flipped the the negative and positive cables on the starter(thought maybe I put them on backwards, its been six months since I last took out the starter and didn't label it<<

thanks for you time,

Jason

Guest vvillium3

yeah I have come to that conclusion too that I fried it... just seeing if anybody out there had ran into the same problem??? Also can anyone tell me which connection goes where??? I have forgotten which connector is the ground and which one is the positive connector??? thanks for the help

the ground wire on my motor goes on one of the bolts that holds the starter to the transmission. The + wire goes on the nut on the solenoid without anything else on it... and the yellow wire goes on the tab that sticks out.

I have to get a new starter about every other month....i'm not really sure why...

Guest vvillium3

yeah see my starter has two posts on my solenoid and also the post for the starter switch. one of the post has a forked wire attached to it, so I just don't know. I just need some verification before I go blow up a 40 dollar solenoid.....