HybridZ

Peel N' Seal users in here!

80LS1T

Ok for you guys that have used peel N' seal for a sound deadener I was wondering if you could answer a few questions....

1. Does it have a strong odor? I am thinking it smeels like roofing tar?

1a. If it does have an odor does it go away after a while?

2. What do you think of it so far? Did it drastically cut down on the noise and heat?

3. How many layers of it did you use? If only one, do you think 2 would be better?

4. Does it stick to the doors, roof, and quarter panels good? Since this was intended for roofs and not a vertical surface Im just wondering if it is going to stay stuck to these parts good?

Thanks Guys!

Guy

1. Does it have a strong odor? I am thinking it smeels like roofing tar?
No, not really.

1a. If it does have an odor does it go away after a while?

The smell is hard to detect under the new carpet and padding I installed.

2. What do you think of it so far? Did it drastically cut down on the noise and heat?

So far so good, but then again, I have not driven more than 1 block since install. I can say however, it has cut down on noise and heat, as I have been running the engine up to operating temps during my completion of dialing her in. The doors sound so much better when they close now, not so tinny or hollow, but solid like a heavy car.

3. How many layers of it did you use? If only one, do you think 2 would be better?

I used 1 in most places, 2 at areas such as the trans/drive line tunnel, and on the firewall/floor board areas. You know the areas, like where you feel the deep water rushing under the floor where your feet are during rain driving. I installed it on the tail end around the taillights as additional fume sealing ( probably over kill with the new gaskets). I installed a piece inside the hatch as well as covering the whole inset where the trim panel cover is located on the inside of the hatch.

4. Does it stick to the doors, roof, and quarter panels good? Since this was intended for roofs and not a vertical surface Im just wondering if it is going to stay stuck to these parts good?

While I did not do my roof with the stuff, It does stick well to every surface I put it on. Use a heat gun and hard roller. I also used a light flame on a small torch. The heat is the key, the roller action pushes the adhesive into the rambling surfaces.

The car looks like a baked potato inside.

I was out tonight at Home Depot, Menards, and Fleet Farm looking for the stuff to get a price on it and possibly buy it but I couldnt find it anywhere! All I found was some tar paper stuff that had what basically looked like the top of a shingle(sandy like surface on one side and sticky surface on the other side). This is not what I want in my car.

I am going to check at Lowe's on Thursday.

Where did you guys get it?

Guy