HybridZ

Z31 Confusion....

Sparks280zt

Recently i deceided to start lookin around for possibly another Z. I just finished up my 76 280zt and have some extra change and thought it would be nice to have another Z that is pretty much stock to lightly modded as a daily driver. So i was browinsing the local classifieds and their is a 1989 300zx advertised as an Anniversary Edition for $2500. Well i call the guy and ask his is he sure its an 89 and not an 84 like all AEs are. Well turns out it is an 84, no suprise. He tells me it has the crescents on the seats and on the fenders but says it is red. I thought all AE's were the off white color? He said under the hood, door jambs, everywhere was red. Then he suprised me again and said the car did not have t-tops? All thought all z31's have t-tops, anyone got some input

Not all Z31s have T tops. A buddy of mine has a Z31 just like how you describe. Accpet it is black and it does not have T tops. What thats about is that there was a "anniversery Package" that was added on some Z31s. It has the crest and all.

This is what the real 50th anniversery addition 300ZX looks like

steves.84ae.fl.jpg

Guest Jason84NA-T

Some of the 84AE's were re-painted red by dealerships. I'm not sure why, I just know that they were.

The Z31 turbo cars are alright stock, but are TONS of fun modified. In my opinion there simply is no better bang for the buck in a RWD sportscar. I own a few of them just for that reason.