HybridZ

runs rough after hot start up

Guest Paranoid_Insider

Guest Paranoid_Insider

Hello all!

I have a '78 280Z all stock, with 220,000 miles. In the last 5,000 miles my car has developed a strange problem. It starts great when it's cold but after driving it and lets say I shut it off and go have a sandwich. When I come back it will start but run very rough and maybe even on one or two cylinders, and back fires or hicups through the intake. If I rev it up and and hold it at like 2500 rpms it will come out of it, but still hesitate off idle. It only acts up when it's hot.

I've replaced the fuel filter, distributor, plug wires, plugs, temp sensor, fuel injector leads, fuel injectors, and put all new gaskets and seals in the engine. Still it runs the exact same. I've also tested the fuel pressure and it is consistant between 30 and 40 psi, depending on throttle position. I've also cleaned and check the TPS.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could check?

TIA

Sounds like vapor lock. Did you remove any heat shielding from the fuel lines near the exhaust when you were putting in these new gaskets and seals? I would check for fuel lines that are too close to the heat of the exhaust and if any are in question, put some kind of heat shielding between them and the exhaust.

Guy