HybridZ

Speaking of clean chassis.....

Tim240z

I have debating on whether or not to hack into my car for the flared panels.....thinking of maybe just staring with a new shell instead of hacking up this perfect one......

Is there a market for a body with as much customizing/personal touches as mine?

To make it worth it, I certainly wouldn't "give" it away......but if someone wanted a bodywork finished 100% rust free car, it may be worth it?

Opinions.......

where was this offer 6 months ago? :icon8: i was looking for just what you have, a straight, no body work chassis. i ended up with what looked like a straight, no rust body but turned out to be anything but. now, 6 months of sandblasting, welding, filler and paint later i have a decent looking car that should be good for several years. oh well, such is life.

--gabe

If I was in your position (my car is far from it) I would get another shell/car to go widebody creative. As far as selling your car timing and location is everything and you could possibly get your asking price. However, five or ten years from now you may be kicking yourself for selling it. This is my second Z, (8 years ago) the first was a stroke, triple weber 280 with centerlines and comp TAs-Me and the wife had just bought a house, and we car pooled to work in a VW-Jetta. My wife said three magic words "I AM PREGNANT" , the jetta had a lot of miles on it so we needed another "family car" I did not even hesitate to sell the Z. Today we now have a Dodge Caravan, Toyota 4-runner, my second 280-Z and a Mini Cooper. It never was thought to just keep my first Z parked in the garage but at the time I assumed it was time to quit hot rodding and be responsible (stop spending money on my car). I kick myself everyday !!!!!! and wonder what happen to my car. Treated like art work, hold on to that masterpiece and create another.

man that z bugg is a pesky lil sucker isnt it?

i would keep your current z while you work on the other,that way when you start to get tired of working on the new one or even getting impatient and having doubts(which never happens to anyone whos ever had a z project)

you can hop in your RUNNING ,fuel injected,6speed manual,300+ ft lbs of torque shiny, fast zcar and love every minute of it aswell as provide some inspiration for the other(or to help set bigger goals)

good luck trying to sleep now

Well, the current Z is less drivetrain, rear suspension, so that won't work.

I am torn 50/50 on whether to start again, or just cut the crap out of this one.....I put a ton of work into the body and paint on this car, so its a catch 22: Too nice to cut up, and too much work into to unload it......

You get no pity from Mr. Juday. I took my first Z of many years as a donar for the 250 project and within 30 minutes there was no turning back. Easy to accomplish but repeated nightmares from the post stress syndrome are quite vivid.(LOL). The wife will think you are a maniac for a while but she will get over it. Once you hook up the business end of your power tool of choice, the rest is easy .......or you can spend months flip-floping getting nowhere and wasting time... there is a solid tubbed rear axle waiting in there to materialize

Tim this is what you need to do.

find a nice L28ET and 280zx n/a 5-speed. do all the mods to it that makes a easy 300rwhp... drop it in your Z now.. use that as a daily driver and etc.

find another Z and flare it, tub it, paint it pink... do whatever u want to it.

BUT DO NOT sell the current Z..

mike