HybridZ

car surging at high rpms

clayborne

It should be said that my datsun rarely sees the interstate but i was feeling froggy last night and bam evertime i hit three grand my car surged and would not accelerate past that. I let off the throttle and the car drops bellow 3k and it runs like a top but bam tried to pust it over 3k again several time still same reaction bucks like crazy so i pull over at a rest stop put it out of gear and rev it up and the engine just lopes at 3 grand and wont go above it now the specs i have a 79 280zx n/a with a manual transmission. I looked it up and i saw several people describing the same thing but there problems were being blamed on there turbos. The only thing i think it could be is i took the injector fan off thats the only change ive made recently

If it wont go over 3k on the highway it could be 2 things, fuel or timing, but you said it also wouldn't go over 3k at a standstill, on the side of the road. . this would point directly at your timing, as the fuel needs at standstill would be far less than on the highway.

Id be looking at your distributor. . . .

Cheers - Zbuild