HybridZ

Nismo R33 6-Sp. Trans

Shisho

Hi. Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I could'nt find anything using the search. I'm planning on building a 70-73 Z. I already have an RB25 DET from a R33 Skyline and was debating whether or not to purchase the 6-Sp trans. that's avaiable from Nismo. :) I was planning to place this setup into my 91 240SX but recently had a drunk driver crash into my car while it was parked on the road. :( So I've decided to buy a real 240, now. My question though, is it possible to fit a 6-Sp? If so, do I need to use a custom driveshaft? Has anyone done this already? Thank you for any info regarding this query in advance.

I actually don't intend on using the stock R34 AWD trans. Nismo sells a 6-sp trans. just for the RWD R33 use, not sold outside of Japan. I was wondering if it could be applied to the Z. Sorry about not being clear about that. I'm leaving for Japan again in January and would like any info I can prior to my Flyin and buyin. Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

I don't know how to put up pics but I do have 1 or 2 photos of it. A friend of mine in Japan has a shop in Osaka. His current shop/demo car is an R33. He's swapping out his Nismo trans. for an HKS custom-geared and custom final drived trans. So he emailed me inquiring if I wanted to pick up his "old one". Makes me sick that they never offered the Skyline in America.

I've just recieved an email from my friend explaining the 2 versions of trans. from HKS. First of all it costs approx. $10,500. US. depending on the conversion rate at the time. Nismo will not ship it to the US. Shipping is determined through the weight as well as size of packaging :( and the gear ratios are as follows. 1st: ver. 1=2.519 ver. 2=2.701 2nd: ver. 1=1.820 ver. 2=1.904 3rd: ver. 1=1.300 ver. 2=1.343 4th: ver. 1=1.000 ver. 2=1.246 5th: ver. 1=0.807 ver. 2=0.832 6th: ver. 1=0.650 ver. 2=0.734. HKS USA will not import this trans. into the US, either. Why not? I'll try to get info on the Nismo trans. a.s.a.p.

Guest JAMIE T

In the US, I would adapt a GM T56 to use behind the RB. I'm personally using an OS Giken RB25DET/Cross-mission 5spd set-up behind my RB26 in my 240Z.

Wow! You're using OS Giken. Is it just the clutch? My 240sx just uses the Nismo super copper mix clutch. Not to get off track, but I've seen a chart listing the L28 & trans. at approx. 530lbs and the RB26 & trans. at approx. 720lbs. If this is true, would it help to lighten the front i.e. CF fenders, headlight buckets, etc. Does anyone make CF beyond just the hood, hatch, and taillight section? Sorry about wandering.

Guest JAMIE T

I got it in a package deal from Stony when I bought his old engine. It came from behind his new engine. How much did I pay for it? Alot. But I have no regrets.