HybridZ

Do you like Metallica? Do you like Beatles?

auxilary

I'm not sure if I'd like them, but when I get on my wireless connection this weekend I'll download a few of their songs...

But while we're talking music :-)

In flames ROCKS -- yes, they're that badass.

As of now I'm really into:

HEAVY

Chimaira - just bought their new cd, which is pretty good. They have some pretty damn good breakdowns (to me)

Trivium - This band is REALLY good, really young, really talented, and have a lot of potential.

Unearth - a lot of talent in that band

It Dies Today - See Unearth, except more talent in vocals. That guy can scream, but he also sings suprisingly well.

Bury Your Dead - More of a mid/late-90s heavy metal sound, and they have some unbelievable breakdowns.

NOT AS HEAVY

Thrice - Not near as heavy as the above, but a lot of talent in that band -- very melodic to say the least.

Saosin - Another melodic, talented band similar to thrice, but they have a distinct sound.

Evergrey - They have a great sound to them, the guitarist is really good, and they do a great job mixing piano and metal, but the only thing I don't like is their vocalist sounds too 80's -- it took me a while to get used to it.

I really used to be into Slipknot, but that last album tried to mix Stone Sour and Slipknot too much, and I came out pretty disappointed after I bought the album. Half of the songs on there are pretty good, but come on, Slipknot and acoustics?

Aux, if you enjoy In Flames, you probably know about their rival band, Soilwork. Well, the singer of Soilwork is involved in a project band, called Disharmonia Mundi. I believe "Oceangrave" is one of my favorites by them, but I can't remember exactly how it goes at this time. They use a lot of keyboards in their music...tastefully.

Sorry for the long post. As you can tell, I'm a music freak. BTW, Ozzfest is this weekend for me. HELL YEAH!