HybridZ

MSnS... no SPARK woes!

datzun240

Well i took my time and went step by step in installing MSnS in my 72 240Z and it was going well. I was @ the final step when i was going to light up the Z and i found i have no spark. I currently am setup to how Moby's writeup is, but here is wut the status is as of now.

I have only 10V @ the + side of the coil. I thought that was unusual, and so i tried two different switched powers, and its both the same outcome. When not hooked up to the coil, it was reading slightly higher around 11.5-11.9V Maybe that is the problem, there, but not sure.

Everything else checked out normal, when i crank the engine, i have injector pulse and the computer "thinks" there is an ignition signal being sent (middle LED), but obviously there is something wrong. Below is the list of relevant parts i am using.

1981 L28et w/ 1982 Dizzy/CAS swap

60mm 240sx TB

GM HEI module

GM IAT sensor

Nissan Head temp sensor

MSD coil

I am using the fuel and ignition values that moby used to initally get his car up and running. I am just wondering if anyone has a similiar problem w/ their MSnS setup or if anyone has any input on the problem i'm having @ this time. I hope to hear from anyone, thanks again for taking the time to read this.

regards-

david

also make sure that same 12 constant hot is going to your HEI module, I had a similar problem when I hooked mine up, the hot wasn't hot during cranking, also iI have found the parts store hei modules to have very short lives, been running a flamethrower for months without issue