HybridZ

280ZX intake manifold question

Guest Battle Pope

Guest Battle Pope

Can anyone tell me where the bolts are that bolt the manifold to the head? I got the top four, but the damnable thing won't come off. Are there more bolts? Searched, but couldn't find anything. :(

Don't have to take the lower ones off, just loosen up a couple of turns and pull manifold straight up. The lower stud/nut are also used for sealing the exh man and spans between the two manifolds with a big thick curved washer. much easier to remove and instal the nuts/washers when intake is out of the way.

Guest Battle Pope

Oh, all they do is span a gap and tighten both manifolds? That makes it a little easier. I was probably gonna end up taking them out only to end up like this => mad.gif again.

Thanks for the heads-up!

It is designed so that you can just unloosed the lower ones without removing too much. But sometimes the heat shield is bent and you can't do this. But you can loosen the lower ones and remove the top ones and the intake manifold will come off. Also if the intake is off of a 280zx then don't forget to remove the cover in the middle so you can get that bolt. Good luck.