HybridZ

J-pipe + 240sx TB NEED AN ANSWER PLZ

260ZRED

Is there anything wrong with joining the j-pipe and the 240sx throttle body with a silicone coupler? They are almost the exact same diameter, maybe off by less than a 1/16 of an inch..

Or is this a bad idea?

I was hoping to have the car running again tommorow and this would simplify things a bit; instead of having the ZXT design duplicated and enlarged (to fit the TB mouth, inside the jp and then finding a new rubber seal, etc.)

thx for any and all advice..

Guest 73Turbo240z

as long as there is an good seal between the rim of the j-pipe and the throttle body i see nothing wrong w/ it. btw, where in houston are you? most of us Z guys know one another in town... always would be nice to have another in the group.

Guest 73Turbo240z
I'm in the NW' date=' where 290 crosses 1960.

Im one in a group, just not very active as either my Z doesn't run or I am too busy with school (UH, mechanical engineering) or more often, its usually both.[/quote']

gotcha, were nw around 249/1960-louetta area... we've got 2 of 4 z's running @ the moment, one turbo, one n/a, 2 turbo's on the way... should come by the garage sometime, always nice to add another Z'er to the ranks, i'm @ north harris getting my degree in digital production, planning on working in the news industry.