HybridZ

"configuration question"

jenno4z

This is what it says in the manual:

On the PC, run PC Configurator. Go into the "Communications" window and select the proper COM port (the "Verify ECU operation" does not operate, so do not be fooled). Exit this screen (back to the main window). Note: If your com port is on COM5, you will notice that the Configurator only offers COM1 through COM4. Modify the configuration file so that the first line says "COM5". (Use Wordpad, Notepad or something similar, be sure to save as a plain text file.) For MegaTune this file is "megatune.cfg".

Where in the heck do I find "PC Configurator"?

"megatune.cfg" is just a 4 liner coming up with "Notepad".

Secondly:

In the instructions just below the above question it says:

"On the PC, click the "Runtime/Realtime Display" button, which brings up ... "

And where would that magic "Runtime/Realtime Display" button be??

Need some help here.

Trying for the longest time to find those two things with no luck.

Thanks much!

Never had to use the PC Config. program that you have mentioned above, not sure if you have to actually. Can you be a little more detailed on what you are trying to do, versions of MS you have, cord type (usb or serial)...ect Something for us to go by.

Okay, thanks much,

I am using version 2.2 MS fuel only for now (basic stuff).

I am using a DB9 cable (RS232) and have gotten the com all the way onto the board. Now I have to plug in the proc. and load.

But how do I go about it?

I was trying to follow each step as per instructions and got stuck.

Could you instruct me, or point me into the right direction so that I can test it?

Thanks again!!

Enno

on the megatune program itself under "communications" go to settings and select the COM port that you are using (of course, make sure your MS is powered up and serial cable plugged in) then click TEST it will say No Repsonse or Success, once it says success then hit ok (or close) that window. Now on the megatune "frontpage" you should be getting readings from your sensors, if not, you have some other issues.

Hope this helps

Chris