HybridZ

you can nitrous blown ANY CAR

TheNeedForZ

thats funny, i thought about that a year ago. I was thinking about putting dual gas blowers in my trunk with a linkage and eveyrthing. more as a fun project then as an acctual posibility. The not so feasible part for routing the intake tubing, as if that wasnt the only unfeasible part to it.........

Ok don't laugh. But back in my experimenting stages I took the a/c blower out of my dash and hooked it up to my intake on my 91 sentra se-r. It was compeltly sealed. I hooked it up to the stock wiring so I turned it on by switching a/c fan on 1,2,3,4 I never dynoed it but I did run it against my friends stock automatic eclipse gs-t. The first run was on setting 4 and I beat him by 3 car lengths. The second run was with it off and I beat him by 1 car length. We were always driving places together so we tested it many different times and with the fan on I would always just a tad bit more pull on him. I estimated 5hp difference. The leaf blower will put out alot more air the a/c blower so 10hp seems resonable. But imagine this. Your at the drag track. As you pull up to the staging lights you pop the hood, open it up, and grab the little cord and start the leaf blower. Then you lower the hood, hop in the car and stage. Just imagine the laughter from everybody.:twak:

Than I remembered that I once hooked a Jaguar AC blower to my Chevy Sprint. I had a Amp meter and it pulled 12 AMPS on full, it did nothing to help my car's sluggish nature. I thought it did something anyway so I tested it it with unofficial 0-60 testing, got no result... this means it just offset the extra drag it added from the power usage through my alternator. Sad...

But this leafblower makes sense, it wouldn't be any different from running an electric blower, or a seperately run engine powered blower... :shock: Hmmmm... you could use a 4 stroke weed wipper enigne or a small motor cycle engine (hook it up with it's own gas line and intake and hook it up to one of those automotive electric blowers (minus the electric motor, you'd have less efficiency, but the power wouldn't be coming from the driving engine, or dragging on belt system with a belt driven blower. That could be interesting.