HybridZ

My spoiler is not a plow..

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

I've an 83 280ZX and I bought it with a Kaminhari front spoiler, which has a pronounced lower shape, like a bib or protruding edge (sorry don't have a photo). Since I use 195 55 15 tires, my car is a wee bit lower, and I occasionally scrape very steep driveways if I don't drive super slowly. My wife also parked up against a curb stop and cracked it. I'm going to get it repaired, but I've been thinking that there should be some kind of product that I could affix on the lower lip to at least reduce paint cracking from slight scrapes. Does anyone have any suggestions for a material or product I could have the body shop affix? My thinking would be some kind of rolled steel, almost like electrical conduit, that would be open and fit around it. I think that might really look stupid, like a Z SUV brush guard, but work ok. Asthetically, something else might be nicer, such as a thick black plastic tubing that could be cut to look ok, if not OEM.

If anyone has any suggestions, please help me out.

Thanks

John

Guest Crema240z

Its called chip gaurd , The painter at my shop uses it on the bottom of lots of the bumpers he paints.

It comes in a spray bomb u can probly get it at any body shop supplier , it sprays on clear and prevents chipping and scraping and u can always respray it.