HybridZ

Mopar Small Block!!

Guest traub83

• 2 months later...
Guest ajb312

I am close to finishing my 318 conversion, I only need a tranny mount and driveshaft. I was wondedring is the coil from the my 260z fine to use? Also, anyone who has done the conversion, what did you do to the hood to fit the motor, I'm definately going to have to scoop the hood , but I was wondering if any aftermarkets are available for easy installation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, ajb

Guest ajb312

P.s. Glenn mine sits in almost exactly the same position.

Did you use factory manifolds or headers? I am going to have to do some fancy configuring on the driver's side to make manifolds work around the steering.

Hey ajb:

I can’t remember the last time I posted on this board. But I think I remember how. I used a stock iron manifold for the picture above. I do remember the carb was very close to the hood. I, as you, was looking for a way to put a scoop or bubble on the hood. The best idea I could think of then, was the Camero cowl induction scoop from the eighties. I used a very low profile air cleaner… not good for power. Later I added a low profile dual AFB set up that had lots of top end power but no low end torque.

340_8BBL.jpg

The drivers side exhaust for the small block Mopar was made up of some home made tri Y headers. I used the flange from an old set of pipes and stick welded some stainless tubing to them. They were a very simple design as a result of the lack of room on the driver’s side. If the budget permits, you might go for some block huggers… but do lots of measuring be for you buy. Some times you can swap the manifolds side for side with “interesting†results.

I hope this helps you out.

Cheers…:::Glenn

Guest ajb312

Thanks Glenn. As for the exhaust I figured as much, I'm goin to mess around with it this weekend. The hood will be another story, but I will come up with something, the camaro reference is good. My buddy loves them and should be helpful. I just got mine running and took it for a test drive. It's a 2 barrel and has alot of low end torque. Now, the problem is getting the car to hook up. As soon as I get into the throttle it just breaks loose, I'll have to look into it.

Thanks,

Adam J. Bachert

• 1 month later...
Guest rucus01

I have a mopar 440 in my Datsun. Why go small when you can go big. It really isnt that cramped in the engine bay either. The other option I would consider if you are going small block is the small block to hemi conversion.

• 3 months later...

I've taken some pics of the junkyard Z car with the 360 motor mounts. Looks like a sectioned Dodge truck mount bolted to a stock 240Z biscuit. How simple can you get? If anyone wants a blow up of the pics (as well as some others) send me a pm with your e-mail address. The owner is not selling this car. Shame really....

Greg

240z_Mopar1010_thumb.JPG

240z_Mopar4040_thumb.JPG