HybridZ

Starting the MS wiring!!!

Kraker_Jax

Alrighty, so I'm finally starting to do the wiring up for MS. I got the MS I v.3 and the harness. So I'm putting in the 82 ZXT dizzy and I was wondering. Do I still need the wires that were on the normal dizzy? I have a '76 280Z.

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG0333.jpg

Also looking at Moby's sticky, I have to go through the relay board. But if I didn't get one, it would go just to the dizzy correct? Or am I just being the stupid teenage idiot and thinking its another part that I should have gotten, but it's actually in there already?

8239mss_schematic.jpg

I'm just a bit confused, because on the schematic that DIY sent me, it doesn't say what wire on the harness should go to the dizzy..

msschem.jpg

Now I would think I'd be able to get rid of the other wiring correct? Since it would no longer be in use?

pin #24 will recieve your signal from the opticle dist and you'll need the turbo pump/dist shast to go with that distributor, the diagram you have from megasquirt is for megasquirt only (read as no spark) the fast idle (pin #30) will be your ignition trigger wire for firing your hei or msd or edis or whatever, your stock ignition wiring will be unused with the exception of the hot wire going to the + side of the coil and the tach signal wiring will vary on year and stock vs aftermarket tach

DON'T USE THAT WIRING SCHEMATIC!

I looked at the ones only for v3 on megasquirt.info and it is DIFFERENT!

There are some issues you need to address, I sent you an e-mail.

I think you are one of the first v3 MS Z people, take it slow, don't rush it, you might end up burning the MS board if you do!

(I speak from experience)

Mario

Yea, I found that schem off the site today too lol. I'm looking at that one and the one that I recieved, it looks like I might be able to use my harness now, just add in those 2 wires possibly? The one for the dizzy which would be pin 7 I believe and then the one for the ignition which would be pin 30. Does anyone else see why this would or could not work? I'll be getting MS back from Mario soon so I'd like to be able to maybe get the car wired up before it gets back! Thanks for the help guys!