HybridZ

Alternate forged pistons

Phyxius

By the time the machine mods are done to make an alternate forged piston fit, couldn't you just have ordered a set from Summit? I remember someone saying it was under $600 for pistons, rings and pins through them...

Otherwise, contact Ross, JE, Venolia, etc and they'll have the correct valve clearances, etc...

Thanks NZeder. Did you go with the L28crank/L24 rod combo or changed route? It seems ArizonaZ is the only solution' date=' expensive though. How's your build coming along?

Cheers, Ari[/quote']

I have not started on the engine - but I am thinking I will go the L28crank/L24 rod with custom pistons for my rebuild engine (F54/N42 or E88 combo) and I will stick my other stock F54/N42 combo in to begin with.

By the time the machine mods are done to make an alternate forged piston fit' date=' couldn't you just have ordered a set from Summit? I remember someone saying it was under $600 for pistons, rings and pins through them...

Otherwise, contact Ross, JE, Venolia, etc and they'll have the correct valve clearances, etc...[/quote']

Hi Z-Gad

Your are right but my budget is limited. If I had the money I would just go with ArizonaZ, they are designed for this combo.

cheers, Ari

Here is another approach. How about L28 dished pistons. According to Lengine program if I combine this piston with the L28crank/240rod combo the deck would end up being 2.730 above deck. Now, here is the approach. If I shave the piston let say 2.7 I would end up with the factory deck height, it would be like a raised pin height by 2.7, no? As for the compression it would depend, if buy shaving I end up flat or dished. Guys, what do you think, would it work or I got it wrong?

Ari