HybridZ

280z gas tank pics

trwebb26

I recently took my gas tank to have it "renu'd" Before I left the guy's shop - he ripped off the pieces of rubber on top of the tank. I still have them - and I am planning on gluing them back on, but I need some pictures so I can get the locations correct. Please post any pic you have of the 280z gas tank with the rubbers on it so I can get them put back where they belong.

Thanks!

Tim

I just happen to have the tank from my late 260 sitting on a workbench so, I went out and snapped a quick pic. It should be very close to, if not the same as, your 280 tank. You can see the four rectangular pads on top of the tank.

I did a quick tank cleaning job in my garage using CLR, a box of bolts and my pressure washer. It came out better than I expected. I'm just waiting for the internal coating I ordered to be delivered...

gastank.sized.jpg

gastank

I just happen to have the tank from my late 260 sitting on a workbench so' date=' I went out and snapped a quick pic. It should be very close to, if not the same as, your 280 tank. You can see the four rectangular pads on top of the tank.

I did a quick tank cleaning job in my garage using CLR, a box of bolts and my pressure washer. It came out better than I expected. I'm just waiting for the internal coating I ordered to be delivered...

[img']http://marcsgarage.net/albums/260Z/gastank.sized.jpg[/img]

gastank

Wow you could turn that into a 20+ gallon tank by just taking out that spare tire.

Wow you could turn that into a 20+ gallon tank by just taking out that spare tire.

Thats exactly what I did on my 240:

IMG_0448.sized.jpg

Summit 20 gallon cell with GM sending unit.

The 260 Tank Looks like a 240 tank. The 280 tank is pretty much box shaped with no big hump on the passenger side. Thanks for the pic anyways. Anybody have a pic of a 280 tank???

Tim: Yeah, I was thinking about the late 260 and the 280's being similar body and bumper-wise. I assumed the tanks would be pretty close...