HybridZ

Chevy Cobalt, anybody here have one?

80LS1T

Guest bastaad525

I dislike the 'pinched' looking new front end of the new Civic's. Better looking than the last gen, but still miles away from the very nice looking ones of years past (late 80's thru most of the '90's). Sounds like the new Si is a real performer, getting closer and closer to a true Type R. Still seems overpriced to me.

Less than a week left for employee pricing on the SRT-4's.... dammit I want one so bad.

It wasnt an issue of test driving one just an issue of trying to explain that she couldnt afford the SS even though he thought she could. Since there wasnt an LT anywhere in the near area(that wasnt yellow!) because they were all sold durning the employee pricing the last 2 months she pretty much knew she wasnt going to get a Cobalt.All he could find was the base model LS or the SS in the color she wanted. He could have gotten the LT in a Yellow one but she hates yellow cars. She didnt want the LS because it didnt have the power options and the SS had everything but was 4k more than the LT so it was not in her price range.

I tell you one thing, I learned my lesson on buying cars.....dont let the A-hole salesmen push you around. This type of BS will not happen again with me or her. The only good part about this ordeal was the fact that we wasted 2.5 hours of his time that he could have been selling a car! LOL :lmao:

Guy

Guest bastaad525

*** :D

hey 80LT1, how much do you think I can bargain them down on the price? I went to a few dealerships today... none of them have a frickin plain base model, which is pissing me off. They all have added stuff like sunroof or stereo or one with this commemorative paint job (white with blue stripes like a Viper), most of them are about $2000 over the base sticker. I could care less for the sunroof or bumpin stereo or racing stripes, so would rather save the $2000, but this is all the stock that's left.

So how much do you think I could get them down? I'm thinking of telling the one sales guy to give me the stereo and sunroof for free, basically. Think he'll go for it? Can I get him down even more you think? Maybe below $20 k?

Not too sure. All the SRT-4's that we've gotten in have all that extra stuff and are around $22k. I havent even asked what employee pricing is on one. I would guess that you could get it down to $20K but not much lower. The regular Neon at our dealership is only market up about $750 above cost. There really isnt much markup for the Neon's and Stratus sedans. Now the trucks are a differnet story....

For the new MEGA Cab Diesel...

MSRP about $54k

"Employee Pricing" about $49K

Real Employee cost about $45K

I think the SRT-4 is in the same boat, they know they can mark it up and do. I would low ball them into selling it for $20K.

Guy

Guest bastaad525

yeah I know they don't mark them up much... cars.com lists the invoice at like $19,700. About $1000 less than MSRP. If it was just a base model, I wouldn't plan on negotiating them down very far.

but that's the problem, I only wanted a base, but no one HAS a base. So I just straight want to tell the guy... look I didn't want any of these extras, this was the budget I had... so sell it to me for the base price.

I guess I'll do like you said, aim for $20 k, if they offer me $21,000 I'll take it.