HybridZ

A few upgrades...EGR issues...Help!

OK...I'm in the process of a few upgrades...dart aluminum pro1 heads, summit roller rockers, and a new weiand intake (EGR compatible for emissions)

intakeon.jpg

But...I've kind of run into a snag...

Since I live in an emission state (and my emissions are actually due) I'm forced to run an EGR...so, I went down to get an EGR for a '77 El Camino and while I was putting it on the manifold I noticed that there's no way in hell it's going to clear my valve covers (which will, of course, have to be tall to clear the rockers)

egrblock1.jpg

egrblock2.jpg

egr.jpg

Any ideas? Suggestions? Is there a smaller EGR valve out there that I have to run from a different application or something?

I've googled it...and the only thing I found was this...

http://hotrod.com/howto/42338/index2.html

They say you need a '78-82 EGR valve...so, I'm thinking they are a smaller diameter than the '77 I bought...

I'll head back down to autozone tomorrow in hopes of finding what I need.

Thanks for the compliments on the hood :) I really like it. It definitely changes the car.

Well you could have an adapter plate made so that it either brings the EGR valve above the valve cover or so that it tilts it up so that its level with the engine.

I would try to find another EGR valve first though since it will be cheaper. Wish I could help with a suggestion but since I dont live in an emissions state I dont really pay attention to them.

Guy