HybridZ

Another LS1 240Z on the road

All - Thanks for all the posts and info. I have learned so much and usually find the answers I need.

My '71 just started and ran this weekend with its LS1. No updated paint, rear deck or hood, open headers, but it is wicked quick.

I'm down to just a few more items (likely to expand with road tests and additional use, HA).

For those of you running the Speartech harness (excellent workmanship!)i I have 2 questions:

1) Which wire did you use for the pink ignition wire to the PCM? I seem to need a wire with 12V at ON and IGNITION, but cannot find one. Frustration.

2) The white wire to the tach is there, 12V and ground are there, but no tach. The tach (and other kit parts) are from John's Cars and John indicated they were operational at delivery (and I have absolutely no reason to not believe him), but I get no twitch or movement of the tach. Anyone have a similar problem and solution?

I've spent ~8 mo (weekends) on the project with the usual amount of "while I'm at it..." stuff. I'll post pics here shortly.

Thanks.

I've had many problems with the tach that JCI modified for my 240Z. I have sent it back to him and got it back and it still isn't working. I bought another one off ebay and I am sending it to JCI along with the one they modified so they can fix it again.

We have checked the tach signal through the diagnostic port and the computer is sending a good signal. We also hooked up an autometer tach and it works fine.

I hope that JCI can get it fixed. I really would like to keep the stock gauges.

I'm sending mine to JCI this afternoon, I'll keep y'all posted on the resolution. The signal is (from the PCM) a 5 volt square wave, varying frequency. I'm going to verify that signal as well, but the tach ought to read that nd display correctly.

The exhaust system is going in tomorrow (magnaflow, 2.5 dual all the way to the back) and then I tag it for the street.