HybridZ

Interior Resto?

BillZ260

Ok, so I am trying to work on the car as much as I can w/ out spending much $$, saving for my engine. I am putting my interior back together and need some input from you guy's as to what I should do w/ my plastic interior panells. They are black but a bit faded and dirty. Should I:?

1. Clean, prime and paint flat black? Cheapest, easiest? Special paint needed?

2. Clean, and glue some fabric? Might look a bit nicer if done right and could add some sound deadening? What glue, what kind of fabric?

3. Other?

I'm open, let me know what you all have done and what you think.

I have used SEM vinyl paint on my interior. I cleaned the plastic, wiped with acetone and sprayed away. Looks great and stays on. There are a couple of different "shades" of black but sorry I can't remember which one I went with. I used 3M 77 adhesive to stick everything back. Take this opportunity to put in some sound deadening - I used Brown Bread but there are a lot of options that come up when you search this site.

So it's shiney? I am thinking it's not the look I want. I want something more flat, like a cotton fabric or something like that. I am going to look around and see what I can find.

I had a camero that I put a fabric on the back panels because it was sun rotted, looked pretty good and wouldn't scratch and stuff.

thoughts?