HybridZ

help recieved 78z car from father

Guest mrt0mjones

Guest magnus

It sounds to me like shes gonna be alot of work. I'm sure you and whoever else you are working with will get this bitch tackled and drive it like its meant to be driven. Best of luck.

Guest mrt0mjones

thanks, ran into some body damage under the right from quarter panel.. just little hope lingering but all should even out..

i even blew out the throw-out bearing on my 3000gt so... this is getting frustrating..

Are you just rebuilding the car or are you planning major changes too? Other than wheels I haven't seen any indications of departure from stock. That will affect the replies you get. I seriously doubt if you'll need to rebuild the differential. They are awesome. If, by some chance yours turned out to be bad, I'd just get another one from a salvage yard. It most likely would be fine and it would be less expensive than rebuilding one.

If you're planning on major changes to the car - body kit, engine/transmission transplant/ supension or brake upgrade then you need to figure it all out now before you go much further so you don't have a bunch of "do-overs". Surf, surf, surf this site.

I agree with Phantom. If its all stock then it would be easier and faster for you to have it all done for the most part.

If you want performence oriented upgrades then you will have to plan out what you want. I'd say if you plan on doing upgrades after about 6 months then I would go stock for now and upgrade later.

For my rule of thumb, upgrades should be done in this order on any car.

1. brakes and tires

2. suspension

3. body stiffening and/or modifications

4. engine

All because its alot better for the car to be able to handle the power than just hoping the stock parts will hold up.

Guest mrt0mjones

the whole car is being built in stages, and is not LEAVING the garage until everything is complete.

heres the intentions on the build.

Completely rebuilt body, stiffened, and strengthened.

de-rusted

new frame rails

wider flares in the rear (probably has to be done)

new front windshield

(pearl white paint if anyone cares)

17X7 and 17x9 inch staggered setup of rims (still no clue where i'm going on this)

and no tire depicted, something along the lines of bubblegum.

Rb20 with t-o4e turbonetics turbo

660 cc injectors

safc-

Wideband-

4-5 inch exhaust.

profec b boost controller

pocket timer

datalogger

one monster frontmount (blocked off and c-02'd for heavy runs

takico alumina shocks and springs.

Disc brakes front and rear (cross drilled and slotted)

mild half roll cage... for support.

thats where i am going on this. engine will be here soon.

any questions or comments, or advice?