HybridZ

bmp. Of John's motor mount

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi gang,

I have a (crude) bmp. of the John's mtr. mnt. setup if anyone wants to see it.

Richard

------------------

I can't tell the future but I can take a hint.-Webb Wilder

Guest Anonymous

Sure..I would like to take a peek at it. Send it my way.

Darth Vader

------------------

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

Guest Anonymous

I thought I'd add, for folks new to V8 Z's and ZX's, that the John's mount in the pic is for the ZX, not the Z. Of course they'd work in the early cars, but you'd have the "Scarab" setup then.

The Scarab term doen't apply to a ZX. When the engine mounts are directly over the stock frame locations, the engine is as close to the firewall as it can go in the ZX.

Clear as mud, right? For my next act, I'll atttempt to draw the tranny mount.

Richard

------------------

I can't tell the future but I can take a hint.-Webb Wilder

Guest Locutus

I have a ZX and since I am fixing to start my conversion. I am trying to decide which kit to get my brackets from. I would be intrested to see what anyones brackets look like so I can make a more informed decision, so if any one has pictures or drawings of Motersports kit for the ZX as well I would be intrested in seeing them.

Mike

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Don't know if this is too late but sure I'd like to see the bmp of the mounts for the ZX. Not sure if you can send it to me so if you get this put a reply on my new subject 280zx suggestions.

Thanks,

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Well my motor mount setup currently is as simple as it gets IMO. I'd have to measure it up but mine (as all ZX's I've talked to or seen) lines right up on my crossmember. The standard chevy motor mount (as per JTR) bolts to my crossmember with the single large bolt from underneath. Then on top of this mount is basically a ~2.25" shim/spacer. Just a thick stack of homecut triangular (to match motor mount bolt pattern and matching patter on block) aluminum flatplates. Just like a big stack of washers b/t the mount and engine, dead solid, bolts from motor mount pass thru this stack into the block same as JTR but just no setback plate. Hope this is clear?

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Please send it my way also.

quote:

Originally posted by rking:

Hi gang,

I have a (crude) bmp. of the John's mtr. mnt. setup if anyone wants to see it.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey guys,

If anyone still wants a drawing of the John's mounts, please email me directly as I don't get back here very often to read the postings for requests of it.

Richard King