HybridZ

Powdercoating carbs?

The quadrajet runs great, but it is an emissions carb, probably nets you some mileage, but it is not designed a performance carb although it will run well. I got my Monte SS into the 13.30's at 105mph at 4500 ft elevation on a pretty stock (9:1, world 200 heads, isky .510 lift 246 duration cam and an edelbrock performer, headers) 406. Try a holley and see which one you like better, then powdercoat the one you like best.

The quadrajet runs great, but it is an emissions carb, probably nets you some mileage, but it is not designed a performance carb although it will run well. I got my Monte SS into the 13.30's at 105mph at 4500 ft elevation on a pretty stock (9:1, world 200 heads, isky .510 lift 246 duration cam and an edelbrock performer, headers) 406. Try a holley and see which one you like better, then powdercoat the one you like best.

I've had a Q-jet and now I have an Avenger, and I found them both to be extremely responsive. I have a carter on my truck, it's a b*** cause it has a manual choke, but it's good as well. In fact I haven't had a carb I didn't like. I also owned a winchester? it was extremely resposive on my 502, but when you floored it it would smell up the car with gas like crazy! It actually sprayed gas all over the air filter it was nuts...

sorry this doesn't add much value.