HybridZ

From the R230 thread... New LCA's!

Guest JAMIE T

zxtthubs.jpg

The diff is the heaviest freakin diff I have ever lifted. I absolutely hate lifting it.

This is the only reason that i chose to go GTR R200, heaps lighter. Sorry two reasons, the other was because the GTR uses a mech LSD centre.

Looking good Jamie! Looking forward to seeing the pic's of the finalized rear frame.

Guest JAMIE T

I am sure all of the future ones will be even better than this version. I see improvements to be made already, I just don't feel like doing them to this one. More to come!

Guest JAMIE T

I would have gone with the GTR rear if, well, if we had GTR's over here. I tell you what, you send me a GTR rear and I will send you a set of custom strut housings. What do ya' say?

I'm curious about the lack of gusseting on the tabs for the LCA mounts. I suppose the arms are wide enough that diagonal twisting forces will be minimal.

The idea of rotating those bars for increased adjustment is very intriguing. You could maintain the camber curve when adjusting ride height. Or dial in a perfect tire contact patch for drag race launching. Of course, machining the tubes to be adjustable and lockable would be tricky.

Does the sub-frame get solidly bolted in, or will you isolate it a bit with some urathane or rubber?

Guest JAMIE T

Yeah, the tabs are just tacked on the top and bottom right now. I am not going to gusset them per say. I'm going to box them. It'll be plenty stout.

I'm not ready to tackle the rotating tube. I just want to drive my car. It's gonna be "trick" enough. It's actually alittle over done. I need to get back to the basics and just get it running.

• 1 month later...
I would have gone with the GTR rear if, well, if we had GTR's over here. I tell you what, you send me a GTR rear and I will send you a set of custom strut housings. What do ya' say?

Only just seen your post above! ha ha... now theres an idea! I now have the complete GTR rear hub assy (made from alloy) so might look at modifing that to graft on, After reading one of your posts about welding alloy, i am very unsure about welding to it tho? Will let you know.

Sh_t it would cost a fortune to freight the GTR diff to the US!