HybridZ

Will it fit under there?

pjo046

For those of you who doesn't already know, I am building a 240Z with a heavily modified L28ET in it. I will run a 3" downpipe and 3" piping back to a oval magnaflow glasspack muffler that has a total length of 14" and a internal core length of 7".

I was thinking of perhaps add another resonator/glasspack on the straight pipe in the trans tunnel, just after the transmission. Will a round glasspack muffler fit there if it has a 6" outside diameter? Or will this interfere with either the ground clearance or the drive-shaft?

You see, I want to tone down the exhaust note more than on my last Z. That one was too loud. I still want a nice roar when I hit the gas pedal though, but when cruising I want to be able to speak and listen to music etc. :-) Have a quiet ride when cruising in other words.

If the glasspack I am talking about won't fit, do any of you have other suggestions???

Hmm. Wish magnaflow made 4" glasspacks with 3" inlet and outlet... I want a stainless steel glasspack, and also I have a large order at summit now, so thought I'd add one to my order before it ships. Summit has some glasspacks that I think has a 4" outer diameter, but they are regular steel... :-/

My california version 77 280Z came with a catalytic converter in the location you'r talking about. It was about 4" in diameter and did double-duty as a resonator. As long as th ecar isn't lowered you'll be Ok - otherwise you need to look for more options. Spend some more time with Google and "mufflers" or "resonators". You'll eventually find what will work. I found that some good sound deadening material inside the cabin gave me the same end result plus eliminated a lot of other noise.