HybridZ

S15 6shift on a RB25DET

turbo_fb

I got me a S15 6shift gearbox and a RB25DET engine.

Problem is getting the box on the engine.

This will also be fitted in a 260Z.....I hope.

Anyone have some tips?

I did some searching and someone mentioned that the S15 gearbox is entering the engine with an angel. I did send a mail to Troy Ermish Racing about the adapter but no answer yet. Think he only makes to the L eninge

Well I not saying you have to do this but don't you need to swap the differential because the speedo cable/sending unit on the diff on a s15? I resently asked almost the same question in another thread but was stated RB engine with KA/SR tranny. Noone has replied to that one yet though.

Guest Battle Pope

Yes, you will need to use the differential as well, because the speed sensor is installed in the diff rather than the transmission. I don't think it would be worth it, personally.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

You Would Have To Build An Adapter, Get A Custom Clutch Disc, And Have A Custom Pilot Bearing Built. You Will Need To Cut A Hole In The Speed Sensor Plate To Get A RB Speed Sensor To Work Or You Will Need To Use The Helical Diff And A Abs Signal Converter. The S15 Trans Is Supposedly Weak So Beware, Although I Don't Believe It.

If You Want To Use A KA Or SR 5spd On A RB You Need To Get A Rb20det Trans And Remove The Bellhousing/front Case And Swap It With The Bellhousing/front Case Of The Ka/sr Trans. This Effectively Extends The Length Of The Trans By 1.5" And Changes The Gear Ratios In First And Fifth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I wouldnt recomend using the S15 6 speed behind an Rb25det at all. I own a S15 200sx SR20DET with the six speed box (184kw stock). All i have done to it is added a full aftermarket 3" mandrel bent exhaust with a twin pipe off the exhaust housing (to keep wastegate seperate) & A pod air filter, this added another 46rwkw! (very restrictive factory exhaust)

After only 17,000km my gearbox was absolutly worn out. The torque is just too much for the six speed box, Ok i drove it fairly hard, but still.

I have looked into this since and it seems to be a common problem with these boxs, i would hate to think what they would be like behind an engine with even more torque like a moded RB25DET!