HybridZ

HELP! whats wrong with my eibach springs?

I've got over 4" clearance on back, and 1/2" clearance on front between the tires and fenderwells, and the tires are 205/50-15, so they are pretty short already. I put the long, more loosely wound ones on the back and the shorter, more tightly wound ones on front, which I read somewhere on here, but I think I reversed them. Any other ideas? The car sat at a normal rake with 280 tokico springs, before this, just not low.

whats_wrong1.jpg

Yep, looks like you have them reversed.
Gosh, I hope thats the case. Although I'm not looking forward to doing it all over tomorrow, I hope its as simple as that. It sure would be nice if eibach included a sheet that said which were front, or labelled them that way like tokico does.

edit, found confirmation on classiczcars I have them reversed. .001 goes in front and part number .202 goes in the rear. I followed the advice of the one thread on here that had bad info. Oh well.

I don't know what eibachs you used, but i got some progressive rate ones, used... I put the shorter ones in the front and the progressive rate (also the taller ones) in the back. I figured the springs needed to be set up like this because the ones I took out were exactly the same height, so I decided the front would have to be lower than the back (for proper stance)

yeah yours have to be reversed.

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious, but why did you switch out of the Tokico springs? Was there something wrong with them?
they came off a 280, and to work right, required the sectioned 280 front strut tubes, but one was bent.

anyway, I went with the tokico in the rear and eibachs front. It behaved beautifully on the track with the illuminas at 3 front and 5 rear and 32psi front and 34 rear.

they came off a 280' date=' and to work right, required the sectioned 280 front strut tubes, but one was bent.

anyway, I went with the tokico in the rear and eibachs front. It behaved beautifully on the track with the illuminas at 3 front and 5 rear and 32psi front and 34 rear.[/quote']

The front springs where bent? How did that happen?

I'm asking about the spring because I was about to get the HP Tokico Strut and Spring set off of Ebay, but I read some conflicting comments about the Progressive front Springs that come with the kit. Some say it dropped 1" others say it dropped 2-3". Who do I bellieve? Lets face it, once you buy on Ebay it's dam hard to return something.:twak:

The front springs where bent? How did that happen?
No, the front (and rear) right strut tubes were bent. I think the donor car had been in an accident or something, but the po gave them to me with the car, so I don't know how it happened.

Prox, I started off with 5 all around and the front was way too tight, understeering in every corner. My instructor said I wasn't hitting the apexes, so I let him drive and he saw what I meant. Having years of experience racing 240z's, he helped me dial it in. Since then, I have added a rear strut brace, we'll see how that does at Rockingham next weekend!