HybridZ

Mods..R-230, Weiand Blower, and 195 AFR heads

100_08011.JPG

100_0799.JPG

100_0777_2_.JPG

A few new mods... The blower is a better design with the idler pulley part of the snout and tighter tolerances internally. The rear wheels lock up great now with the LSD in and I added new frame rail supports. The race prepped 195 AFR heads will go in next week. It may then be time for a track run....:twisted:

LARRY

Guest traub83

looking good man, looks a lot like my setup personally besides yours is yellow and u have the r230 rear. Looks very clean and looks like it can run with the best of them!! Just currious tho did you have to cut your hood for your air cleaner? or did it all fit nicely under your hood? Or do you have a cowl induction hood if so how tall is it? Im just currious as I had to cut my hood for the air cleaner to fit through and I am thinking about buying a fiberglass cowl hood but maybe im going about it wrong??

Guest traub83

looks very sweet man!!! Makes me wanna paint mine yellow and trim it in black but I just cant seem to get rid of my blue color I want to paint mine. That good ld Nissan blue that the 350z's come with I think with some fender flares and the cowl hood it would look totally sick blue. ok im rambling geesh I like your car man its makin me have lots of idea's!!

100_0782.JPG

To answer a few questions.... the frame rail supports are from this vendor http://www.baddogparts.com/ and were spot welded every 6 inches. You soon learn about getting out of a car with sidepipes (I've only burned myself once) and they do not like nylons :nono:.

As far as 1/4 mile times go I don't have a clue yet........

As to going the V-8 blower set-up route, e-mail me and I'll give you some of my thoughts..... but this I'll say here now, to do it right, have a large budget set and a car in real good condition.

BTW, traub83 I notice you have the Quad Cities for a location. If it's what I'm thinking of I grew up 30 miles East of Moline.IL.

LARRY

Good to hear from you again, Larry.

Great job on the upgrades, everything looks very nice.

I'm really interested in what your track times will be because then I'll know if I should start worrying about some stiff competition.

I'm still waiting to get my cage done so the Z is still out of commission but I've scheduled my physical exam for the competition license I'll need. One step at a time. It will get done.

Hanns

Guest thebarracuda

Cozy, I saw your Z in that Dyno shop (close to N. Texas st.) when I was having my Z32 tested. This is Chad, I stopped you a while back while I was with my friend in my silver '79 280zx.

thats some nice work.

e-mail me and let me know when you're free, I'd like to check out your Z again.

barracuda535 @ yahooo .com