HybridZ

Real easy way to get your turbo swap 240 started...

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

just buy mine :D

Heh... well, I just thought I'd announce here that I am selling my '72 240Z with turbo motor. Hope no one minds too much :D

Ad is in the classifieds under hybrids, also see my sig for my cardomain page.

Save yourself some time and money if you're thinking of doing a turbo swap, mine doesn't need much to go from good to great, just bushings, and some trim and weatherstrip pieces, and minor body work. Driveable every day as it is though.

Guest bastaad525

oh yeah it would KILL the SRT. For now at least :D

It's funny though the SRT has almost the same wheel hp, on average, as my Z put down, but the TORQUE on the Z is just immense. there's about 600 lbs weight difference as well... the Z just feels SO much faster. It's all that torque. They should make peak hp at about the same rpm, but the Z's torque falls off much sooner, SRT pulls nice all the way to it's (very low) 6000rpm redline.

how they built a 2.4L 4 cyl with only 6000rpm baffles me.

The Z pushes me back in the seat in four out of the five gears though man... 4th gear passing on the freeway is scary, it will accelerate from 70-90 in about 4-5 seconds...

SRT stops being impressive after 3rd gear... I know the SRT and 350z are about equal in accleration... never driven a 350z, but if they are 'only' this fast... I feel sorry for 350z owners :P

First upgrades are already one the way! Should have about an extra 20-30whp by the end of next week :D

350Z will outrun a SRT4 on top end..

i raced my friends SRT4 in my friends 6 speed 350Z.. both stock for stock its a drivers race in the 1/4th but after its all Z. if you can launch the Z33 you can beat the SRT4 in the 1/4th but not by much.

now.. if you can launch a S2000 you can beat the Z and neon in 1/4th and topend too.. i love those cars!

good job on the upgrades and get some pics of that dodge!!! also lower the rear lol.

mike

Guest bastaad525

hmmm are you saying the Z would pull on top because of one race or you know that in general? They are so close in so many respects... SRT slightly less power to the wheels but like 400-500lbs less. I would think the Z has a big advantage in gearing with the 6 speed, but what else?

I know SRT's have been clocked at 150mph I think maybe even 153 STOCK. No idea what the Z does but yeah I'd figure a few more mph since it's got a few more hp and I assume from looking at it a bit more aerodynamic.

I think they are very close in ALL respects I know they are very close in acceleration handling AND braking according to every magazine I've read.

SRT is way easier to make more power with though :D You KNOW turbo's always have the advantage there. Upgrades for this car are VERY cheap.

well i know in general but that race confermed it for me.

gearing is pretty good in a 350Z.

also understand that for the price of a 350Z you can make ur SRT way faster, like you said having a turbo stock is a big advantage!

it seems like any turbo dodge is always cheap to upgrade...

i remember i had less in performance parts for my Shelby GLH-S then mine friend had in a full exhaust system for his SS! and i would walk all over that LS1!

congrats again!

mike

Guest bastaad525

Mike - I'm surprised you dont know what top speed is on a 350z... heh, then again, I'm surprised *I* don't know it either!!

I won't be fully happy til I get this car into the 12's though that will probably be a long long time. I bet even then it won't 'feel' as fast as the Z :(

Mostly I just hope it remains reliable... and I don't prove to have been suckered by such cheap speed.

i had my friends up to 155mph.. didnt want to take it any higher, plus it took long enough to get up to that speed.

had the S2K up to that speed too.. maybe only 150 but got up there faster it seemed.

i raced the S2K in my Z.. i stoped at 138mph he said but i was so far ahead of him it wasnt funny :D.. it starts to get scary at those speeds in a old Z with stock brakes.

the srt is pretty good on reliablity.. u will be happy... but u will deff miss your Z that i can say.

mike

Guest bastaad525

I miss it already :D not as much as I thought I would though. It's just sitting there now gathering dust. I probably wont drive it much except around the block to warm it up maybe once a week.

My Sentra SE-R is already sold, buyer picking it up tommorow. Already miss that one too I saw so much potential in that car... only had it for a year but it was great.

Not to hijack, but Bastaad, does the MSD fuel pump flow enough for your L28T ? I'm looking at fuel pumps, and the MSD looks good, especially price wise, but there are so many out there flowing huge numbers. I would think the MSD would be fine, but then you see Civics running Aeromotives and you wonder....

Thanks !

Guest bastaad525

For me, you have three GOOD choices of fuel pump for the L28ET.

if you are planning on running a LOT of power at some point, 300 whp plus, my first choice would be the Walbro 255 lph. I see guys with 500hp + Supra's running that same pump, so it's GOT to be good.

The MSD is a good second choice, it held up to my power level just fine, and I know others have used it on moderately powerful setups. It's great because it's very low in price. However, it's also pretty noisy.

Other than that, the third 'choice' is actually several choices, some of the pumps that came stock on other motors, I know some guys have had really good results with like BMW or Porsche pumps. So you might want to look into one of those for a cheap high flowing alternative.

But yeah, MSD works fine for me except for that damned buzz.

Top speed on a 350z is limited by the computer to ~155 mph.

Good luck on selling the Z' date=' maybe if I sold all 4 of mine I could afford it.

Mario[/quote']

lol maybe thats why it stayed at 155 for awhile. haha

mike

Guest bastaad525

hey just wanted anyone interested to know I found the rest of the pics I had taken of the car a while back, including front and rear exterior and some good interior shots.

I've uploaded them all to my cardomain page listed in my signature below.

And by the way in case anyone was wondering, yes the price is negotiable :D

Guest bastaad525

man did I pick the worst time to try to sell or what? last time I tried to sell I had 20 emails in like a week.....

Am I just asking way too much?

Guest bastaad525

I'll still be around with a long post here and there :D you guys are as close to a family for me as one can be with a bunch of strangers who's faces I"ve never seen :D

and yeah... I'm sure once the Z is gone I'll be saying that line quite a bit. Then again, it's starting to look like I may have a long time to go before I'll even get the opportunity to say it.... what the heck happened? Last time I tried to sell my Z with a blown headgasket (which at the time could have been a cracked block or head for all I knew) people were just lining up to take it off my hands!