HybridZ

MSA Type 3 Bumper modified

tfreer85

Okay I'm looking at the MSA type 3 front air dam and I like parts of it however I messed around with a cheap photo-editer to see what it would look like without the middle bumper going across. I like it withough gives that big mouth look. The photo edits are crappily done so if anyone wants to take the time to edit it right go ahead. This is not my car but thanks to 2003z for posting pics. Let me know what you think. http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=4425

Tyson

Well definitely needs a nice looking intercooler in there. In my opinion its kind of a different twist on most of the other MSA Air-damns out there. Once I make the deciscion on what car I buy I hope to do a modification like this. It seems cheaper than having a complete custom one made.

Tyson

In my opinion its kind of a different twist on most of the other MSA Air-damns out there.

Tyson

It's air dam, damn-it!:D

I've also been looking options for eliminating the center bumper section. That doesn't look half- bad.

Damn speeder sorry for this damn mispelling on the air dam. :) When you look at the original of the Type 3 the cuve on the air-dam doesn't match directly to the grill insides. It seems to me like you would just have to do some cutting and shaving then patch in the areas that you cut. Seems relatively simple to mod, but i don't know if the dam would become flimse if that big chunk was removed.

Tyson

I like that! What if you were to cut that out' date=' smooth out the bumper (below the sugar scoops) and add a 240Z bumper color keyed to the ZG flares 2003Z has? That would look pretty sweet in my opinion.

!M![/quote']

Let me get this right remove the bumper area to where it would look like yours http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104189 then fill it in like most people do when they remove the front bumper? Let me work on it a little see if can get some to work to what your saying.

Tyson

Okay so as I looked at it some more and played with it a little. http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=4426&size=big&cat=500 If you look at the side profile, to do what i believe you are talking about Mat73GNZ you would have to move the air dam back to the red line in picture 4 and then trim off around the wheel opening. Another problem that I forsee is that the angle of the blue line won't match up with the angle on the red line.

I like these picture edits better I didn't have to modify the bumer color to make it stand out.

Tyson

well in theory it looks good but i think that the main "bumper" of the air dam is too thick and sticks out to far.. and if you cut the middle of it out it would just look werid.

pretty much have only the sides sticking out and would have ALOT of space from the edge of them to say a FMIC or whatever that you fill the gap in with.

mike