HybridZ

Getting Ready to wire up!

Kraker_Jax

Just trying to find where the Main Relay and the relay for the FIdle are. I found the FI relay which is right by the hood pull. Trying to plan everything tonight and get the MS wired up tomorrow! Thanks for the help! Also would anyone be able to tell me which wires on the dizzy I hook up? 82 turbo dizzy to MS V 3.0 Thanks again guys!

msv3.jpg

I know Moby has a schematic for wiring it through the relay board but I don't have this, and I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help, thanks again guys!!!

8239mss_schematic.jpg

Dude, there is NO FIdle relay on a Z-Car!

What I did was hook the Fuel Pump relay to power a Three Wire O2 sensor, and the Aux Air Regulator for fast idle operation just like the stock Dastun did (F. Idle. Fast Idle---get it?) This way, the items are only powered when the car is running, like it should be. I even alter stock cars to run like that.

The F.Idle relay output is later used from the MS as the spark output on MSnS---on the diagram you posted, the yellow lead coming from the DB37 should go to the HEI module terminal "G" (marked "FIDLE" on the second schematic in the relay board, which is a direct pass-through).

The tach lead pickup would be determined by what version board you show---you are showing a V3 MS unit, but the schematic is for a V2 MS unit---and I am not sure the tach pickup circuit is the same on both boards.

Tony,

The only yellow lead from the DB37 is the one for the Coolant Temp. Do you mean the dark green lead that goes to the relay for the FIdle, should go to the HEI terminal marked 'G'? Or would that be the maroon lead that says to Ignition Module/Coil? I'm still trying to figure out how MS will be able to pick up the Tach Signal...

• 2 months later...

260ZRED,

So how does the MS wiring go?? I have completed the MS1 V3 build and now I am looking at the wiring from the MS to the engine. I have looked at the diagram and most of it looks easy. I am planning on using the relay box setup from EFI 4Tuning and getting a standard MS wiring harness.

But I am not sure how to do the fuel injectors. I figure that 3 injectors go to pins 32/33 (green) and 3 to pins 34/35 (blue) but which one to which?? Thanks for your help.

HB280ZT

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Well I am still trying to figure out how to wire up the injectors? I will just use 2 of the 4 injector circuits and guess on which injectors to wire to which circuit. That is unless someone can point me in the right direction? thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

I wire them up so that each injector driver drives three injectors. Then setup the MS so that it fires them in a batch mode. FYI, a single injector driver will drive all 6 injectors if series reistors are used.

For CLT, IAT, and TPS sensors I used twisted wires:

- CLT/GND

- IAT/GND.

- Vref/SIG/GND

Use you drill and a vise to make your twisted wire assemblies.

Z-ya,

Thanks for the information. Now as for the injector wiring did you just do 1, 2, 3 on one driver and 4, 5, 6 on the other or did you do something else like follow the firing order??

Also will look at twisting the CLT, IAT and the Vref/SIG.

HB280ZT

Is this what you are after? Wasn't sure after reading the thread. Tony D made this nice ascii diagram:

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack-----Inj1+ Inj1(-)-----

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack -----Inj2+ Inj2(-)-----SPLICE -----INJ1(Gnd for Injectors thru MS)

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack-----Inj3+ Inj3(-)-----/

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack -----Inj4+ Inj4(-)-----

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack -----Inj5+ Inj5(-)-----SPLICE -----INJ2(Gnd for Injectors thru MS)

12V+ ----- Resistor Pack -----Inj6+ Inj6(-)-----/

Basically I have one common 12V+ lead to the resistor package, a stock unit from an 81N/A ZX, and then the grouping of the leads for the ground through the MS is what is important.

You can run this setup in either simultaneous, or alternating. I found better results while idling using alternatings two squirts per cycle...

The way you have it wired (if I understand what is there) will not have correct resistance, and is running injectors in series, which is not the way you should do it from what I understand.

I'm using the stock ignition coil, which side does the fidle go to?

Stock coil or stock ignitor? Or both? If you have a v2.2 board it cannot fire the coil directly. The FIDLE wire must fire an ignitor/module that in turn fires the coil. See the schematic above in this thread that shows how a GM 4 pin module is used to fire the stock 280zx turbo coil.