HybridZ

A/C in an SR20DET 280Z

Lewis Maudlin

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Try drovong in Arizona during 120+ degree days with no A/C..... Its Great!

You'll get used to it.... Every car I have owned in the past 3 years has not had A/C.

I will have A/C in my car. Mine is a daily driver and is useless without A/C for a few months of the year. Does anyone have any suggestions? Will the Vintage Air unit still need the compressor in the same location on the SR block? I think the SR and the steering rack are not going to accomodate the stock A/C compressor. Any ideas better than "towing a car with A/C and piping the air into my car" would be appreciated.

Lewis. Is the problem with the compressor monut to the block? Is it that the stock location will not fit in the engine bay? The evaporator inside the cockpit doesn't care ware the compressor is, as long as you can make a hose long enough to reach it. For example my hoses from the inside exit the passanger side of the engine bay and the compressor is at the driver side of the engine. I have a 6 foot long hose aroung the back of the motor to connect the two. Maybe Alex (SR240) would know of a front wheel drive platform that would have an sr20 engine that you could use a bracket off of.

you would definitely need to make your own bracket to mount the A/C compressor away from the steering shaft, i doubt another sr20 bracket would place it anywhere else other than the bottom of the block which would still put it in the way of the shaft. maybe you can find a smaller compressor and then make a custom bracket for that to fit.