HybridZ

heads World Products / Dart

I've heard good things about how the Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads work.

Check out Edelbrock's site. They have a new head out called the E-tec that supposedly have great chambers and kick the Vortec (for the E-tec 170) and the Fast Burn (for the E-tec 200) heads for flow, mostly on the exhaust. I'm keeping my eye out for tests.

New for 2001

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

Guest JAMIE T

Hey guys, I helped out on a 327 with those Torquer heads. It made plenty of power for the street, that is what they were designed for. They were the 2.02/1.60 variaty with 64cc chambers. World Products designed the head for people who wanted a replacement for a double hump or early Z28 head, I would stretch to say that a streetable 350-375 HP from these heads on a mild 350 is not out of the question. The Dart Sportsman II is a super head and has supported over 800hp (ported of course)in a blown application. As Pete said don't over look Edelbrock though, A COUPLE OF HUNDRED BUCKS MORE AND YOU CAN HAVE ALUMINUM HEADS. They are a huge weight savings. I would say that the Performer heads are comparable to the Torquer head you inquired about.

Guest RON JONES

Yea,the torquers are bacicly an upgraded version of a stock replacement head(Like Jamie said).Depends what you want from your heads.Now the dart pro 1's are a great head,as is a bunch of others on the market.One thing,Dart and World are no longer together,two seperate companys now.