HybridZ

gauge pod for my a pillar??

Guest traub83

Guest traub83

Just currious if any company makes a dual or tripple gauge pod for our cars to attach to the a pillar?? I feel it would be an excellent idea if they currently do not make them. It would be a perfect place to place my EGT, and boost gauge I think!!??

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I think you can adapt a Miata one (Don't know the year as I could never dig it up on here).... But there is no Gauge pods specifically made for the S30 Z Car.

Guest traub83

I see, well if anyone of you guys know the answer to the Miata gauge pod please post about it cause Im sure more than Just I would like to know the info!!! if all else I guess I could take my stock one out and bust out the fiberglass and see if i can't make a homemade one?? But id really like to stay away from doing that if I must!!

Guest traub83

yup looks good, what year of miata did you get the pod for? that would be a nice way to make my mold for me then i can cover it with a layer of fiberglass or two, use a bunch of primer and sand then paint it black to match my interrior then it look like it came with the car!!! that be killer!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest traub83

nobody knows what year of miata will work in our z cars?? perhaps it will be easier to just mold a new one off a stock Z pillar then I could make a bunch of fiberglas ones to hold 2 gauges or 3 if theres room and then sell them on here if it works out ok.. then this would save everyone having to fab up a custom one since I would already have a mold made for it!!! plus it be cheap since most of the cost would just be shipping them to everyone. Id take the major hit due to havin to make the mold and test fitting then after that its just geep pouring and sanding till I have a bunch made then you guys could paint or cover it as you would wish... How would U guys like something like that????!!

nobody knows what year of miata will work in our z cars?? perhaps it will be easier to just mold a new one off a stock Z pillar then I could make a bunch of fiberglas ones to hold 2 gauges or 3 if theres room and then sell them on here if it works out ok.. then this would save everyone having to fab up a custom one since I would already have a mold made for it!!! plus it be cheap since most of the cost would just be shipping them to everyone. Id take the major hit due to havin to make the mold and test fitting then after that its just geep pouring and sanding till I have a bunch made then you guys could paint or cover it as you would wish... How would U guys like something like that????!!

I was looking for that and I would have bought it but now I want to keep the inside of my car as stock as possible.

Guest Z Draci

I think A-pillar pods will ruin visibility on left turns.

I'd rather prefer a pod that sits above the already existing triple pod on the dash.

If somebody can form a pod assembly over that, I'll get it!

Isn't that hard to build one yourselfes.

make a 52mm ring out of wood the use glue or "melt glue" (don't know the english name for it) to stabilize it to the a-pillar (with small sticks or something like that) then use for instanse an old t-shirt or som fleece. anyway something that you can stretch. when it is fixed to the a-pillar when you have got the shaped that you want. then use polyester plastic and let it harder. then use some glassfiber to make it harder then just sand it until you're happy.

then can you either use vinyl, leather or paint it.

good luck.