HybridZ

Employment Test

johnc

Guest 26ounce

Excellent test John, it was an enjoyable challenge working it out with no pressure. I'd hate to be confronted by it in a job interview though, that would suck big time.

Being gainfully employed at the moment I am prepared to say I laugh at how these employment tests suit the companies current environment. If people are busting down the door to get a job then expect all sorts of trials as they vet applicants. If people are scarce then anybody with a pulse can get hired, i.e. luck&timing have a large part to play.

It is a reality that either way you can still end up hiring an inept wanker who everyone will hate. malebitchslap.gif

I thought everybody knew that. Another question realeted to things in the road is "why are storm grates always perpendicular (T) to the curb as opposed to paralell (=)?

So bicicle tires don't get stuck in them.

Anyone doing an interviewing soon?

The most difficult position in a company to interview and hire is: Recruiter. We spent months trying to hire one and got some real wackos showing up for the interview including:

1. A woman who wore a minishirt with no underwear and didn't cross her legs - just plain scary despite how it sounds.

2. A man who wanted 1 month off each year, paid, to search for Bigfoot.

3. A man who claimed to be an ex-Dodger first baseman and insisted he played in the 1996 world series (Braves vs. Yankees that year).

4. A woman who asked to take a break to use the restroom and vanished.

5. A man that we hired who "forgot" to quit from his previous company and worked two jobs for about a week until we figured it out and fired him. Then he sued us.